Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Light up star card with LOTV Stamps and Chibitronics

  Hi Everyone,

For today's card I have used a stamp set from LOTV Stamps and LED Stickers from Chibitronics.

For this card I have used the new 'Craft with light kit'.  It makes craft with Chibitronics so much easier as everything you need is in one pack.

Ingredients

Stamp Set:  Cute Witches

Medium:  Copic Markers

Electronics:  Craft with Light kit from Chibitronics

Background:  Distress Oxide Inks

(Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Faded Jeans, Black Soot)

Card Stock:  X-Press It Blending Card

Ink:  MFT Extreme Black

Other:  White Gelly Roll 08 Pen, Shimmer Pen, Glossy Accents, Amsterdam White Ink


Method

1. Background

Firstly, I stamped the images onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured them with Copic Markers.

I masked the image then coloured then background using Distress Oxide Inks.


2. Battery Holder

This card will measure 14 x 10cm once complete.

I have used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the layers for the battery holder.  I glued 8 of these together.

I have glued them together using Liquid Glue from Bearly Arts.  If find this glue does not warp the card and makes it really strong.

I put plain card stock on the back of this card to finish this card.

The card used is 300gsm smooth white card,

3. Circuit

The circuit has been designed on the battery holder.

I have marked where the light will go (from the card front).  I then mapped where I want the circuit to go in pencil.  This makes it easier for me to complete the circuit.

4.  Completing the Circuit

The Circuit has been complete using the Fabric Conductive Tape and LED Stickers.

This card works by pressing the bottom right hand corner (over the battery).  The positive will connect with the battery, turning on the lights.

5. Adhere the card front

It is time to adhere the card front I prepared earlier to the battery compartment.

I have used double sided tape to do this.

The coloured image have been adhered using foam tape.

6. Let's light this card up!

This circuit uses a 2016 battery to power this card.

To light this card card up, press the bottom right hand corner as shown.



I have created a Video Tutorial which is available on the Chibitronics YouTube Channel.  You can see it here.

I hope I have inspired you to give Chibitronics LED Stickers a go.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.


Until next time
Melissa
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment