Friday, July 1, 2022

Alpacamac & Chibitronics LED Stickers

 Hi Everyone,

For today's card I am sharing a space card using stamps from Tracey Hey and LED Sticker Lights from Chibitronics.

Ingredients

Stamp Set:  Alpacamac

Medium:  Copic Markers

(E47, E44, E42, E43, R20, R32, R27, R35, RV14, RV13, YR04, YR15, YR12, Y19, Y08, Y06, G05, YG07, YG05,

B04, B02, B01, BV04, BV13, BV02, B000, B0000)

Electronics:  Chibitronics LED Stickers, Chibitronics Fabric Tape, 2025 battery

Background:  Distress Ink (Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn)

Card Stock:  X-Press It Blending Card, Smooth White, Vellum

Ink:  MFT Extreme Black

Glue:  Bearly Arts Liquid Glue

Other:  White Gelly Roll 08 Pen, Glossy Accents, Shimmer Pen


Method

1. Background

Firstly, I stamped the images onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured them with Copic Markers.  I fussy cut around the images leaving a small white border.  

I also created the background using Distress Ink.

I have cut the hearts out where I would like the lights to shine through.  I also place vellum behind these hearts.


2. Battery Holder

This card will measure 15 x 9cm once complete.

I have used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the layers for the battery holder.  I glued 8 of these together.

I have glued them together using Liquid Glue from Bearly Arts.  If find this glue does not warp the card and makes it really strong.

I put plain card stock on the back of this card to finish this card.


3. Circuit

The circuit has been designed on the battery holder.

I have marked where the lights will go (from the card front).  I then mapped where I want the circuit to go in pencil.  this makes it easier for me to complete the circuit.


4.  Completing the Circuit

The Circuit has been complete using the Fabric Conductive Tape and LED Stickers.

This card works by pressing the alpaca's hand and belly.  The positive will connect with the battery, turning on the lights.


5. Adhere the card front

It is time to adhere the card front I prepared earlier to the battery compartment.

I have used foam tape and liquid glue to do this.

The coloured images have been adhered using Liquid Glue.


6. Let's light this card up!

This circuit uses a 2025 battery to power this card.

To light this card card up, press on the alpaca's hand and belly.






I hope I have inspired you to give Chibitronics LED Stickers a go.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Until next time
Melissa
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment